My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Friday, June 17, 2011

Todays experience

Today was the hardest day so far on my trip. We rode against wind the entire day. It didn't matter which way we turned, the wind would change the moment we changed direction. We rode 99 miles today. Talk about insane. I was actually thinking about going back to riding by myself. It was well worth the ride though when we got to the church. God came through and blessed us all. Byron and Tivo drove the Rv forward to a couple churches. The third one they got to ended up being the one were at. He pulled up and talked to a few people and they were having a VBS meeting and worship service. Afterwards they were doing dinner here. Byron asked them if we could hook up the RV to power and water. They said yeah but asked why. He told them we needed it to run the AC and take showers. They said well why don't you just stay inside the church. Praise the Lord. They have a whole building thats made for people to stay in. They also have mattresses that were going to sleep on. We got showers and are able to do laundry. They had about 100 people or so at the dinner. There was a huge stage. They fed us very well and the food was amazing. After dinner they asked Byron and me to get up on the stage and tell them our stories. They thought I was riding for the same cause as the crew. Which by the way you can get on Facebook and search Gift A Bike. Their page will come up. They also have videos. Praise God. So when they asked for the bikers to get up, I was the only one in the room. So I got to get up on stage with a microphone and tell about 100 people about my journey. I handed out about 15 cards and gave the church about 20 cards. She said she would make copies and post them around. After we did all that which was truly amazing, I got to talk to a bunch of people who were asking me all about my trip. Then on kid who was about 15 came up to me and asked if I was one of the bikers. I said yes and he donated me $5. Praise God. He said it wasn't much but I told him that it was a huge deal because any money helps. I felt though like it was meant for the Gift A Bike crew so I offered to give it to frank. He said I could keep it. Praise God. Then Jerry, which is the head of the kitchen lady brought me into the huge kitchen. There were three giant fridges. She walked me through everything in the kitchen and said we could eat anything. She actually demanded me to since she doesn't like left overs going to waste. So I think I'm going to treat myself to some ice cream tonight. Praise God. We met so many great people and the night has truly been a blessing. God has been too good to me. Thanks to all the prayers and our faith in christ. God bless and the journey continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment