My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What Our God has done for alread on the first day

So here's the deal. For all of you that don't know, God is real. The problem with most people is they don't understand what God is. So first off today I got about 30 mile into the trip where I decided to take a rest. I was on a bike trail just siting on a bench. I thought to my self that I wanted to read a little of the bible but not too much because I wanted to get back to riding to gain some ground. At that moment, Mike Hill sent me a text and all it said was psalm 20. I laughed and then I read it. Praise God. After that I jumped back on my bike and rode another 20 miles and I started to get into some hilly terrain. It was so exhausting that I actually was getting off and walking up hills. In my mind I was struggling with myself on staying positive and wanting to continue. I then saw a sign for a church of Christ. I thought that if I could atlaste get to there then I could tent up on church property. So a couple miles later I come up to the church. I was still debating on riding past because I wanted more ground to cover. But I felt it in my spirit to pull in because there where two houses pretty much on the same property. I passed the first one as I was think what I would say as I knock on the door. By the time I got to the door of the second house, the owner was already opening it to say hi. I told him I was biking across the country and asked him if he was apart of that church. He said " yes and were having dinner so come in and eat". The first house was the preachers house so they invited him down and I got to meet him. There were about 10 or so people altogether and we got in a circle and he prayed for me for my trip. Praise God. I couldn't of had a better first day. And the view of the land from the hill I'm on right now is amazing. I'll take pics. You can see for miles. The power of God is truly amazing.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Praise the Lord! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly amazing! God has your path all mapped out Mikey! I pray for safe keeping and plenty of divine interventions for God to use you on this journey! Love your sister-in-law's sister!lol Bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soo much. Today I truly found out how strong prayer really is. When people get together for one cause, God shows up and does some amazing things. I really appreciate the prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 20 is the perfect one for you. Hope you are sleeping well on first night of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike! :) just wanted to tell you we are so excited for you and J along with myself have been checking ur blog to see your journey! :) he said yesterday he thought a lot about u all day! Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody. Reading these comments really helps.

    ReplyDelete