My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Saturday, May 14, 2011

God is so great. He always shows up right when you need him

So today I got off at a late start because I had some stuffdone to my bike for better touring of the world. Lol. So I get to riding around 3pm. It's starting to sprinkle a little. Oh and part of what I had done to my bike was that I had a new rack put on. So I had my old one and I was just planning on giving it away to someone I saw riding. So I'm truckin along and it's about 6pm now. I need to start looking for a place to camp. I'm riding by this church an I see another biker who is sitting by his bicycle. So I decide I will ask him if he wants my old bike rack. He ends up being a super nice guy and takes the rack. His names Don. He was interested in my trip so he takes down my blog site. I tell him a little about how I've been asking people to stay on their properties. I didn't ask him though. He had a flat tire and was waiting for a ride. So I continued on. About a mile up the rode he drove up to me and asked me how far I was planning on riding. I told him probably not to much farther cause it might start raining. He said ok and wished me luck on my trip. So I continued on. Praise God. I kind of laughed because I thought he was gonna ask me to stay at his place. A little farther up the rode I get a flat tire. What is it with flat tires? Lol. It was only low so I decided to pump it up and ride a little farther. At this point Don had turned around and pulled over again. Praise re lord. This time he insisted that I stay at his place for the night. I just got showered and I'm washing all my clothes. Oh and they are taking me to dinner. Then in the morning were gonna eat breakfast and goto church. Do you understand how good God is being to me? It's really unbelievable what he is doing. Even at times when the advasary comes against me, God will show up and take over the situation. Praise God. Thank you all for the prayers and God bless. Just so everyone knows my plan is to stay in Conn. a week or so and try and raise some money to buy new tires. Then it's to New York and on to San Fran. Praise God. If God is taking care of me like this so far, why would I stop?

2 comments:

  1. Mike,
    Bike set up looks nice! Don't forget low tech is low cost and always reliable! get those garbage bags for the gear stashed in your bags and double bag the important stuff! Keep on preaching, you never know who you'll encourage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Aimee was glad to meet you! wanted me to wish you a good trip. Her graduation was long but we had a good time! I'll get you the Albany address asap.
    Great having you stop. If you need work on the way back, I have about three days worth and I'll pay $13/hr.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete