My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Monday, May 16, 2011

Today was a little tougher

20 miles into the ride today, got another flat. The advasary was defiantly attacking me today. Once my tire went flat I pulled into a gas station. I already had one patch on my front tube. Ends up being a piece of glass in my tire. I know, what the chances? No chances at all, I blame Satan. I was sitting there taking a break wondering what I was going to do. I really need new tires. They had some fix a flat in the gas station so I thought I would give it a try. Definantly did not work. At this point I was wondering what God was going to do for me next. I checked my phone and I had a voicemail from my good friend Ron. So I decided to call him he wanted to see how everything was going. He also told me that his spiritual mother lived in New York and that if she was close, she would probably be happy to take me in for the night. Praise God. So he called her and gave me her number. Pam is her name. Thank God for Pam. She was super excited and called a friend John and Susan who lived 22 miles from where I was. They said they would take me to a bike store. So I rode to their house and they were amazing. Fed me lunch that was delicious. Then they took me to the bike store where I got new tires that are finally made for what I'm doing. Praise the Lord. Then Pam gave me her son Doug's number and I am going to ride to his house and stay there for the night. He is good friends with Ron and he used to live in Ohio I think. I've met him before as well. Praise God. Just when the Advasary thinks he has the upper hand, God comes down and saves the day. Thank you God. God Bless you all. Thanks so much for all the prayers. I don't know what I would do without them.

5 comments:

  1. Praise God! The advasary will never win unless you give him the power. I'm praying for you Mikey :) keep smiling. Love you, stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Don. I also really appreciate these daily readings. And just so you know I got new tires that make the world of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, it was a blessing to have you in our home. We are enjoying following your blog and videos. We will continue to cover you in prayer! I wish we would have had more time to talk with you about your life and this journey, but we are happy that we could put a couple of meals in your stomach and that you got a good long (warm and dry!) night's rest. God bless you - and what a testimony to your faith to travel so many miles and not know what's ahead of you - including what you will eat and where you will sleep - completely relying on the LORD's provision. (Luke 12:22-31) My faith is growing, but I still don't know if I'd be ready for that! :) God bless, Keep in Touch! Oh, and if you make it to Albuquerque, my mom said she'll have a meal and a bed ready for you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jen. It was truly a blessing to have met you and your family. People like you are the exact reason why this trip has even been possible. I thank God for the love I have been treated with this whole trip. Thanks again. I'll let you know if I make it by your moms place. God Bless

    ReplyDelete