My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sorry. Having trouble with posting the video

It's not a video but it will have to do for now. I'll keep trying

I don't even know where to begin. This post is a long one. I wanna tell you about a God we serve. If you don't serve him, then you best be dropping everything right now and asking God into your life. So I'm just gonna start from the beginning. I woke up and packed my stuff up. Jumped on my bike and decided that today I wasn't going to listen to any music while I rode. I wanted to see how encouraged I could be if I just thought about and talked to God. It was great. Today I rode about 65 miles. Praise God. Towards the end was a little tough. It was getting later than I wanted to stop and ask for a camp site. I wanted to hit my 160 mile mark so I kept riding. I finally came along an older man outside so I stopped. I told him what I was doing and asked if I could stay in his yard. He told me that I probably should go down the street to a park. He didn't really say no bust pretty much said try a different place. I said thanks anyways and continued on. I didn't goto the park because it wasn't on route. A little farther up the rode I saw a guy working on his car. I pulled into his driveway and a dog came running up. There were also a bunch of other dogs barking behind his house. I told him my story and asked him if I could stay in his yard. He said he didn't think it would be a good idea because his dogs would bark all night and keep him up. So I said thanks anyways and continued on. At this point I'm thinking in my head that I might have to set up camp in a random spot. Now it's around 6:00 and I'm talking to God. I say "God, if you want me to talk to someone then put them in the middle of the street". I didn't want to fo up to someone if they were to far off the road. Two mins after I said that, I ride up to a kid who is yelling with a sign"lemonade stand" . He was at the end of the driveway in the middle of the country where lemonade stands don't exist. I just start laughing and say to myself occluded I want lemonade. Lol. I stop and ask if I can talk to the owner of the house. One of the two boys goes and gets his mother while the other asks why I want the owner. I tell him my story and that I was going to ask to tent in their yard. He tells me that his mother probably won't care and actually she wants to ride a bike one day around the USA. Praise God. She comes out and I tell her the story and she says ofcourse you can stay here. She had her son set up this pop up camper. Lol she had dinner ready and fed me. Praise the lord. She even had just bought a new blender and made me a whey protein shake. I also got a shower. Lol I even was thinking not too long ago that I wanted power at my next stop to charge everything. Guess what, I have power in a camper. It also rained tonight. But I'm in a camper. Oh and I'm also getting blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Talk about a great God. Two out of the three days so far I got taking in like family and fed dinner. Praise God. Thanks for th prayers and keep them up and God will show us all great things.

1 comment:

  1. Man it was so good to talk with you last night. I wish that everyone could hear how excited Mike was about his day! God bless you Mike and don't forget the God that gives is the God that takes away and we are to REJOICE ALWAYS for He is good! Praying for you, every day at 3:00pm. Keep the blogs coming.

    ReplyDelete