My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Monday, August 29, 2011

Long day to Moab Utah.

I got up at 5:30am and was on the road around 6:30am. It was a 100 mile ride to Moab. It was a tough 100 miles because there were no services between Grand Junction and Moab. That means no place to fill up with water. So Ed and Maggie rode with my the first 10 miles or so. They showed me the way to route 50. Then I was on my own. Well me and Jesus ofcourse. Praise God. So the first 50 miles had some climbs in them. They were pretty tough. Then I had about 30 miles of slight down hill. You would think that would be an easy 30 miles. Not the case. I had a head wind that was strong enough to keep me from coasting. That means I had to pedal to go down hill. That was no fun. Then when I was around 20-25 miles from Moab, I ran out of H2O. At this point I was back into some hills and my legs were dead. I was walking my bike up the hills. Keep in mind I have had no place to stop and get a decent lunch. I have good energy bars with lots of protein but after about four and no water, they don't seem to be appealing. Also it is about 100 degrees. One positive is that the scene was absolutely beautiful. I was following the Colorado river in a gorge that was about 300 ft tall on both sides of the river. Amazing! So then I get a flat tire. Exactly what I needed. I didn't let it get to me. I just took the five minutes and changed it. So now I'm contemplating tenting up on the side of the road. I would still be without food and water in the morning. So I decide to keep moving forward slowly but surely. About 5 miles up the road I hit a jack pot. There was a lodge I could fill up with water. Praise God. So now that I had water, I felt replenished with energy. Once I got back on the road I had about 16 more miles Togo. I had a little head wind so I decided to ask God to take it away. I rounded the next turn and guess what happened? the wind probably tripled in power. I had to stop and off my bike I could barely stay on my feet. There was no way I was riding against this wind. So I decided to try and wait it out a bit. Ten minutes and no sign of getting any better. I had to just jump ony bike and give it a shot. Shortly after the wind did die down a little. Praise God. I felt a new burst of energy so I bumped up my pace. I kicked it up and held strong. Before I knew it I was rounding the corner to see Moab in my sight. Praise the lord. 13 1/2 hours and 102 miles later I was there. It felt amazing. I ate some dinner and went to a campground. I'll be staying here for two days and might do some white water rafting. God is good. I'll talk to you tomorrow. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment