My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Monday, August 8, 2011

Praise Jesus Christ

Sorry but there was a video that I know a few watched that I had to delete. It had really bad audio because of the wind. Yesterday used to be the hardest day of the trip until today. I rode the first 5 or so miles west which wasnt a big deal at all. Then I turned north to head toward Wichita. Right as I turned north, I get hit with major winds. They were twice as bad as yesterday and I almost gave up riding for the day. It was 27 miles to the next town where I would turn west again. The first 9 miles were never ending. I stopped about 5 times to take a break and even thought about ending it for the day. After the nine miles, I stopped for about 20 minutes. I was hoping to hitch a ride. No trucks stopped. One lady did stop but she was heading the other way. I thought about pitching my tent right there in the field. But then I decided that I would jump back on the road. Atleaste get a few more miles. Then I turned on my music. The song How he loves was the first to play. Praise God. Right then I had a revelation. God was still God and I have had nothing but blessings on my trip. Was I about to let one rough day bring me down? No, I should be praising God through tough and easy times. We all know that life is going to have it's tough times. I felt as if God would be more pleased if I showed him my love even when I was in trials. So that's what I did. I pressed on like it was any other day. Guess what happened. I conquered those next 18 miles like they were nothing. I felt like I had more energy than ever. Praise God. Then the wind died down and I made it to a cafe in Leon. It was a cafe/full Gospel church. The lady saw my sign and gave me my meal for free. Praise the lord. Then I rode 16 more miles that went by like nothing to an Assembly of God camp where I am now staying. I'm in a housing facility with bunk beds, showers and AC. Praise God because even with the worst wind and toughest riding, it was still a glorious day. Amen. Thanks for all your prayers and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Leon is my home town Mike and the pastor at the church/cafe is brother Larry he coached my daughters ball team, and has alot to do with the salvation of a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to you at Augusta gas station about Ohio! Hope you packed well for Western, KS and it seems you will have descent weather (not 110F) for travel.

    Godspeed,

    Scot

    ReplyDelete