My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Monday, March 28, 2011

A little revelation I had today

I was thinking earlier about people who claim to be christians but are not and being able to judge a person by their fruit. It doesn't mean we should go judging people but Jesus said in Matthew 7:15-16 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them." NIV. To me, ones fruit is their actions. There are a lot of people in this world who try to take advantage of people. We need to be able to identify these things so that we don't fall into their traps. We also need to bear good fruit ourselves. It came to me that a lot of people like to judge themselves by their wisdom and knowledge and not by their fruit. I say wisdom without actions is just a book. You see because the bible has all and everything in it we need but if it gets put in a closet without actions, what good is it? In the same way, If we do a lot of studying of the word of God but don't put it into action, we are just as useful as a book in the closet. Not at all. We need to both study and learn the word of God and then go out into the world and live our lives according to the word. That way people can look upon us christians and say "Wow, that's the life I want." How can we as Christians bring more people into the kingdom of heaven if our tree bears bad fruit. When you go to the orchard, do you not pick apples off the good trees and steer clear of the rotten ones. In the same way we will be judged. Lets make our fruit desirable so we make wider the path to heaven.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment