My intentions for this trip

My main objective for this trip is to build my faith and the faith of others. I want to show people that God is real and there is still Love out there in this crazy world. I have no schedule and no plan on what lies ahead. What happens each day is entirely up to our God the Father. God Bless. 

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Words just don't do justice

Today started of with a pretty nice ride. First 15 miles were downhill. Then we got into some climbing. It was all good though and didn't get too rough until the last 6 miles. We were all getting exhausted. It was a 60 mile ride to Cedar City. The plan was to stay at a warm shower host that we left a voicemail with earlier. Once we got to town we hadnt heard back from her. The first thing we did was went to walmart. I absolutely love that store. It's a bicyclists heaven. Cheap prices and everything we need on the road. How can you beat that. Right when we walked in, it started to down pour. Thank God we missed that rain on the road. I went in and bought some PB&J supplies. Afterwards I was once again down to $6. Remember, better broke with God than rich without God. Amen. So after walmart we decide to go hang out at Starbucks until we get our plans together. There we meet and talk to Bob and Nancy. Praise God. We talked to them for about an hour about our trips. They even gave us these little apple turnover things that were delicious. Then they were getting ready to leave and Bob hands Adam and I a 50 dollar bill each. Talk about an almighty God. I was speechless. I couldn't help but to smile. We all did. We were amazed with joy. So once again God comes through and gives money when I'm in need. I'm pretty sure he's watching over me. It doesn't end there. So we were pretty much out of options for a place to stay for the night. We called some churches but no answers. The KOA was our only option and we didn't like it. I had told Adam though that I wanted a tree to camp under if we did go. That way to stay out of the rain. So we decided KOA it was. We got on our bikes and I mentioned going down this one road. Praise God. About a mile down the road we rounded a corner and there was a church. At the church was a huge cookout party going on. We had smiles on our faces as we pulled in. I said to Adam that I knew we were goin to get a spot to camp here. Praise God. Before we got off our bikes, Fred invited us in to eat. We got some great food an talked to some amazing people. We asked if we could camp in the grass. They said yeah but were worried about the sprinklers. Then Enoch invites us to stay in his yard at home. He was a couple blocks away. Praise God. So after the party we rode to his house. In his front yard was the tree I wanted. At this point it's not raining but it could pick up. He offered us everything we wanted without us asking. That includes a shower, laundry and wifi. It doesn't get better than that. After we set up our tents, a guy from the party pulled up. He gave us a bag full of bananas, oranges and apples. Praise the lord. Now we have breakfast. I am amazed daily with Gods love. This is what my trip is about. The love that people have because of our God. Thank you all for your prayers and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment